News & Events
Food Manufacture News
FoodManufacture RSS The Information Resource for Food and Drink Processing
- Fresh produce supplier hails mixed performanceby Rod Addy on October 21, 2019 at 3:13 pm
Fresca Group has reported mixed results in its latest financial period as the name behind Thanet Earth and Manor Fresh invested in growth in banana provision, while the hot 2018 summer affected performance.
- Pizza keeps frozen sales growing as meat fallsby Rod Addy on October 21, 2019 at 1:22 pm
Demand for pizza helped keep frozen food sales growing as revenue from meat declined in the 52 weeks to 8 September, according to Kantar data cited by the British Frozen Food Federation (BFFF).
- Whisky tariff threatens jobsby James Ridler on October 18, 2019 at 3:50 pm
The 25% tariff on US imports of Scotch whisky will put jobs at risk and stunt investment and productivity in the sector, according to the Scotch Whisky Association (SWA).
- Latest developments in CBD-infused food and drinkby James Ridler on October 18, 2019 at 3:39 pm
From the Â9m purchase of Love Hemp to new product launches, we take a look at the latest updates in the use of cannabidiol (CBD) in food and drink manufacturing.
- Britain and China finalise £230m beef trade dealby Aidan Fortune on October 18, 2019 at 2:55 pm
In a deal worth Â230m over five years to Britain, a beef trade agreement with China has been finalised.
- Multivac unveils new tray-sealing, packaging and...by Dan Colombini on October 18, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Packaging firm Multivac has launched four new processing machines, claiming to save UK manufacturers time and costs.
- Peter’s Food Service adds 110 new jobsby Dan Colombini on October 18, 2019 at 2:41 pm
Bakery firm Peterâs Food Service has announced the creation of 110 new jobs as it ramps up expansion plans.
- Jobs to follow with £150,000 bakery expansionby Dan Colombini on October 18, 2019 at 2:35 pm
West Yorkshire bakery Just Desserts has appointed contractors to commence works on its Â150,000 expansion plans, with an expectation of new jobs to be created as a result.
- NMiTE: The new kid in townby James Ridler on October 17, 2019 at 2:43 pm
Challenger learning provider NMiTE will offer a new model of engineering training designed to meet industry needs head-on â and food and drink manufacturers are champing at the bit to reap the cream of the crop.
Fresh Produce Journal RSS feed Keep up to date with all the latest articles at Fresh Produce Journal
- 16m apples "left to rot" due to worker shortageson October 21, 2019 at 2:58 pm
New figures from the NFU show Brexit uncertainty has hit British horticulture hard during topfruit harvest
- New shipping service to connect Portugal to UKon October 21, 2019 at 11:41 am
Service will link Tilbury, Lisbon, Leixões and Rotterdam where Dutch firm Samskip has its multimodal hub
- UK ‘failing to protect us from pesticide...on October 21, 2019 at 10:30 am
Report warns mixtures of chemicals pose risk to human health and wildlife, with ‘cocktail effect’ potentially making them more dangerous
- Buoyant Mexico looks to expand berry marketson October 21, 2019 at 8:13 am
Concerns about over-reliance on US are fuelling drive into new markets
- Focus on future at Onion & Carrot Conferenceon October 21, 2019 at 7:28 am
Revamped event next month switches to Cambridge and promises a lineup of top industry speakers
- RSA table grape forecast riseson October 18, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Sati's forecast for the coming season pegs the crop between 61.05m and 67.8m cartons
- "GeoNutrition" to tackle hunger in Zimbabweon October 18, 2019 at 3:56 pm
University of Nottingham to use mapping of local soils and crops to fight nutrient deficiencies in Africa with £15m boost
- Green light for red-fleshed appleson October 18, 2019 at 3:24 pm
As Kissabel enters its second year of commercial testing, the response from buyers has reportedly been positive
- Spanish growers optimistic for Persimon seasonon October 18, 2019 at 3:18 pm
PDO-certified persimmon variety, Persimon, aiming for normal volumes after tough growing season last year
Henderson Brown News
Henderson Brown Specialists, who specialise again
- FOOD PACKAGING – Q&A WITH A SPECIALISTby hendbrown on October 16, 2019 at 11:00 am
We interviewed John Elliott of Entpack to find out his thoughts on how packaging in the food industry is changing? Will reusable packaging options become more prevalent? It seems very likely that reusable packaging will become more common. The use of single-use non-recyclable packaging options is […]
- FPJ Live 2019by hendbrown on October 11, 2019 at 10:01 am
A number of key industry speakers took to the stage on Tuesday 8th October at the Ricoh Arena for the FPJ live 2019 conference. So what were the main takeaways? The B-word, Brexit of course was a major point for discussion. We were also privy to talks on Fresh Produce Brands; the methods and […]
- Counter Offer: Take it or leave it? Offer it or...by hendbrown on July 2, 2019 at 3:28 pm
A counter-offer is an interesting conundrum; they usually occur as soon as the resignation process starts. They are tricky to handle and work through and in instances, we have even seen counter-offer’s occur after a candidate has left and started with a new employer. It is important for an […]
- Henderson Brown Golf Day 2019by hendbrown on June 24, 2019 at 11:30 am
The weather was kind to us on Friday 21st June 2019 for our annual golf day held at The Luffenham Heath Golf Club. With the weather being more autumnal over the last few weeks, there was definitely some worry in the run-up that we may have to postpone. Luck was on our side however and... The post […]
- DATA AWARENESS – how storing business data in...by hendbrown on April 5, 2019 at 12:56 pm
Cutting costs and improving overall efficiencies are some of the biggest priorities for the Operations and Supply Chain professionals we at Henderson Brown work with. New technological advances have transformed the way that food manufacturing businesses operate either reducing costs or simply […]
- EVENT ROUND UP: Cheltenham Gold Cup Day, Friday...by hendbrown on March 19, 2019 at 10:41 am
Henderson Brown’s inaugural “Cheltenham Gold Cup” day was held on Friday 15th March at the Great Northern Hotel in the centre of Peterborough. The live races from Cheltenham were projected to the guests on a big screen, with a licensed bookmaker to take bets and industry expert to […]
- Your Food Job’s 60-second interview with Jason...by hendbrown on March 6, 2019 at 12:56 pm
HB Recruitment Director, Jason Kilbride, was asked by Your Food Job to carry out a 60-second interview to get to know him a little better. How long have you worked in food recruitment? I have worked in the sector for 6 ½ years. What do you love most about working in food […]
- NO DEAL BREXIT – a big risk worth taking, or a...by hendbrown on February 27, 2019 at 12:57 pm
Brexit: a conundrum of magnitude. Will it happen? Won’t it happen and if it happens, will it go through with or without a deal? With uncertainty looming most ominously, we can only speculate just what the impacts will be. It is suggested that the UK is only 60% self-sufficient when it comes […]
- Engineering, Automation, and the Food Industryby hendbrown on October 25, 2018 at 2:29 pm
The engineering sector is changing at a rapid rate. In their annual State of Engineering report, EngineeringUK outlined some of the key figures, frontiers and challenges that the industry is dealing with. As technology, automation, and an increased demand for skills drive the sector forward, a […]