News & Events
Food Manufacture News
FoodManufacture RSS The Information Resource for Food and Drink Processing
- Perishables logistics firm invests £500k in...by Dan Colombini on December 6, 2019 at 12:37 pm
Perishable Movements Ltd (PML) is investing circa Â500,000 in six new state-of-the-art trucks, which represent the UKâs first refrigerated trailers to feature a powered roller bed floor system, according to the firm.
- Worker killed at Burnley food packaging factoryby Dan Colombini on December 6, 2019 at 10:27 am
Police have confirmed the death of a worker at a food packaging and cake decorations manufacturer in Burnley.
- Ingredients firm to invest in new factoryby Dan Colombini on December 6, 2019 at 9:41 am
An East Anglian ingredients supplier has confirmed proposals to increase its production facilities with the development of a new factory.
- Health and safety tech solutionsby Helen Gilbert on December 5, 2019 at 3:23 pm
We take a look at two new tech developments designed to increase safety in food factories.
- Two jailed for Manchester gangmaster offencesby Dan Colombini on December 5, 2019 at 2:12 pm
An illegal gangmaster and his wife have been jailed for exploiting at least 41 workers at a catering butchers in the Merseyside area, following an investigation by the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA).
- Buxton bottles to contain 100% recycled plasticby James Ridler on December 5, 2019 at 11:28 am
Multinational food giant NestlÃ has announced plans to make all packaging in its Buxton water brand from 100% recycled materials.
- Cider-maker switches to cardboard packagingby James Ridler on December 5, 2019 at 11:21 am
Birmingham-based cider maker Aston Manor has turned to cardboard packaging to reduce the use of plastic across its range of multipack canned drinks.
- Morrisons management appointments boost...by Dan Colombini on December 4, 2019 at 1:02 pm
The two key senior management appointments of Trevor Strain and Michael Gleeson at Morrisons will play a major role on growth of the group, according to analysts.
- Greene King to hold strike ballot in pay disputeby Dan Colombini on December 4, 2019 at 12:56 pm
Workers at pub giant Greene King are being balloted for strike action in a dispute over a âpaltryâ pay offer, Unite, Britain and Irelandâs largest union, said today (Wednesday 4 December).
Fresh Produce Journal RSS feed Keep up to date with all the latest articles at Fresh Produce Journal
- MSC incorporates biofuelon December 9, 2019 at 12:00 am
In a bid to reduce CO2 emissions the shipping company will use 30 per cent biofuel blends
- Winter Blues, Greens and Purpleson December 6, 2019 at 5:17 pm
Despite some traditional winter crops struggling in recent years and heavy rainfall in 2019, innovation in colour, shape and flavour is proving popular with customers. Ed Leahy reports
- PML invests in pioneering container loading systemon December 6, 2019 at 5:03 pm
Six vehicles commissioned by logistics company will be first in Britain to feature unmanned roller bed system that improves safety
- South African transport legislation kicked down...on December 6, 2019 at 3:53 pm
There is further relief for the South African fruit sector as the introduction of new transport law is postponed yet again
- Amazon launches Brussels sprout ketchupon December 6, 2019 at 12:51 pm
Limited edition festive product is made from 15 sprouts per bottle, combined with a selection of fresh flavourings
- Abel & Cole launches healthy workplace schemeon December 6, 2019 at 12:25 pm
Fed by Abel & Cole has launched in London with the promise of helping colleagues get together over healthy, organic food
- Crunch time for Spanish Kakison December 5, 2019 at 5:22 pm
Spanish Persimon is ramping up its marketing campaign as production of one of Valencia’s most emblematic fruits soars. Maura Maxwell reports
- Indoor vertical farms in further M&S storeson December 5, 2019 at 4:41 pm
German tech produce pioneers, Infarm, furnish six more M&S stores in London with vertical farms
- Welsh Co-op store focuses on freshon December 5, 2019 at 12:55 pm
New 2,500 sq ft outlet in Carmarthen puts fresh and vegan food at the heart of its offer
Henderson Brown News
Henderson Brown Specialists, who specialise again
- FOOD PACKAGING – Q&A WITH A SPECIALISTby hendbrown on October 16, 2019 at 11:00 am
We interviewed John Elliott of Entpack to find out his thoughts on how packaging in the food industry is changing? Will reusable packaging options become more prevalent? It seems very likely that reusable packaging will become more common. The use of single-use non-recyclable packaging options is […]
- FPJ Live 2019by hendbrown on October 11, 2019 at 10:01 am
A number of key industry speakers took to the stage on Tuesday 8th October at the Ricoh Arena for the FPJ live 2019 conference. So what were the main takeaways? The B-word, Brexit of course was a major point for discussion. We were also privy to talks on Fresh Produce Brands; the methods and […]
- Counter Offer: Take it or leave it? Offer it or...by hendbrown on July 2, 2019 at 3:28 pm
A counter-offer is an interesting conundrum; they usually occur as soon as the resignation process starts. They are tricky to handle and work through and in instances, we have even seen counter-offer’s occur after a candidate has left and started with a new employer. It is important for an […]
- Henderson Brown Golf Day 2019by hendbrown on June 24, 2019 at 11:30 am
The weather was kind to us on Friday 21st June 2019 for our annual golf day held at The Luffenham Heath Golf Club. With the weather being more autumnal over the last few weeks, there was definitely some worry in the run-up that we may have to postpone. Luck was on our side however and... The post […]
- DATA AWARENESS – how storing business data in...by hendbrown on April 5, 2019 at 12:56 pm
Cutting costs and improving overall efficiencies are some of the biggest priorities for the Operations and Supply Chain professionals we at Henderson Brown work with. New technological advances have transformed the way that food manufacturing businesses operate either reducing costs or simply […]
- EVENT ROUND UP: Cheltenham Gold Cup Day, Friday...by hendbrown on March 19, 2019 at 10:41 am
Henderson Brown’s inaugural “Cheltenham Gold Cup” day was held on Friday 15th March at the Great Northern Hotel in the centre of Peterborough. The live races from Cheltenham were projected to the guests on a big screen, with a licensed bookmaker to take bets and industry expert to […]
- Your Food Job’s 60-second interview with Jason...by hendbrown on March 6, 2019 at 12:56 pm
HB Recruitment Director, Jason Kilbride, was asked by Your Food Job to carry out a 60-second interview to get to know him a little better. How long have you worked in food recruitment? I have worked in the sector for 6 ½ years. What do you love most about working in food […]
- NO DEAL BREXIT – a big risk worth taking, or a...by hendbrown on February 27, 2019 at 12:57 pm
Brexit: a conundrum of magnitude. Will it happen? Won’t it happen and if it happens, will it go through with or without a deal? With uncertainty looming most ominously, we can only speculate just what the impacts will be. It is suggested that the UK is only 60% self-sufficient when it comes […]
- Engineering, Automation, and the Food Industryby hendbrown on October 25, 2018 at 2:29 pm
The engineering sector is changing at a rapid rate. In their annual State of Engineering report, EngineeringUK outlined some of the key figures, frontiers and challenges that the industry is dealing with. As technology, automation, and an increased demand for skills drive the sector forward, a […]