News & Events
Food Manufacture News
FoodManufacture RSS The Information Resource for Food and Drink Processing
- Suntory takes 10% stake in Edringtonby Michelle Perrett on January 29, 2020 at 1:45 pm
Suntory Holdings, the Japanese drinks group, has purchased 10% of Scottish-based spirits company Edrington for an undisclosed sum.
- Welsh food and drink sales hit record-breaking...by Michelle Perrett on January 29, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Welsh food and drink achieved record sales in 2019 hitting Â7.5bn, beating the Government target of reaching Â7bn by 2020.
- Calls to end UK and US whisky ‘trade war’by Michelle Perrett on January 29, 2020 at 1:01 pm
The GMB union is the latest organisation to back calls to end a potential whisk(e)y trade war with the US.
- Expansion and vegan on the cards for Barry...by James Ridler on January 29, 2020 at 11:41 am
Further expansion in the UK and the growing demand for vegan and dairy-free products are hot topics for chocolate maker Barry Callebaut.
- Mixed messages complicate productionby James Ridler on January 29, 2020 at 11:34 am
Calls for clean-label foods are put on the backburner in favour of creating products that are tastier and have a better mouthfeel, according to ingredients supplier Griffith Foods.
- Practical issues of new food packaging guidelinesby James Ridler on January 27, 2020 at 1:33 pm
The Food Standards Agencyâs (FSAâs) new guidance on allergen labelling changes for prepacked for direct sale food does not resolve some of the practical issues of complying with the new legislation, an expert in allergen law has claimed.
- Food firms win funds to boost digital technologyby Noli Dinkovski on January 27, 2020 at 1:07 pm
Four food companies are to ramp up their digital capabilities after securing funds from the Made Smarter programme.
- Food sector paper recommendations for future...by James Ridler on January 27, 2020 at 12:56 pm
A new policy paper recommending common themes the Government should use to develop future trade policy has been launched by a collaboration of food and drink organisations from across the supply chain.
- Baby food recalled due to tamperingby James Ridler on January 27, 2020 at 12:30 pm
Cow & Gate and big four retailer Tesco have launched a voluntary recall of 15 varieties of baby food over concerns that some of the jars might have been tampered with.
Fresh Produce Journal RSS feed Keep up to date with all the latest articles at Fresh Produce Journal
- Exclusive: Bardsley England acquires Newmafruiton January 29, 2020 at 10:57 am
Deal sees two major UK topfruit producers come together, with Newmafruit the latest addition to Bardsley England group
- Tough times for foodservice sectoron January 28, 2020 at 2:56 pm
New analysis by foodservice expert Peter Backman paints a bleak picture of the current state of the eating-out market
- Sainsbury's commits to net zero emissions by 2040on January 28, 2020 at 1:04 pm
Outgoing chief executive Mike Coupe said supermarket will slash CO2 in twenty years, ahead of government targets
- CQLP halts strawberry saleson January 28, 2020 at 12:09 pm
French consumer brand ‘C’est qui le patron?’ has abandoned strawberry sales after two years due to packaging and waste issues
- Blakemore launches food waste trialon January 28, 2020 at 9:33 am
Convenience chain partners with Too Good to Go app to help reduce the amount of fresh food thrown away
- £10m investment for Mash Directon January 28, 2020 at 8:32 am
Northern Irish veg processor plans to expand its facilities and make them more environmentally friendly
- Sweet Successon January 27, 2020 at 4:55 pm
Barfoots founder Peter Barfoot received a CBE in the Queen’s New Year Honours list for his outstanding contribution to sustainable farming. Michael Barker catches up with him to hear how he did it
- PDM's Salad Dayson January 27, 2020 at 4:49 pm
The journey so far for lettuce and baby leaf supplier PDM Produce has been an impressive one. Fred Searle finds out what has driven the company’s huge growth over the past 10 years
- Plant-based food drives mushroom saleson January 27, 2020 at 2:47 pm
New stats from Tesco show mushroom sales rapidly rising, with growers facing unprecedented demand
Henderson Brown News
Henderson Brown Specialists, who specialise again
- FOOD PACKAGING – Q&A WITH A SPECIALISTby hendbrown on October 16, 2019 at 11:00 am
We interviewed John Elliott of Entpack to find out his thoughts on how packaging in the food industry is changing? Will reusable packaging options become more prevalent? It seems very likely that reusable packaging will become more common. The use of single-use non-recyclable packaging options is […]
- FPJ Live 2019by hendbrown on October 11, 2019 at 10:01 am
A number of key industry speakers took to the stage on Tuesday 8th October at the Ricoh Arena for the FPJ live 2019 conference. So what were the main takeaways? The B-word, Brexit of course was a major point for discussion. We were also privy to talks on Fresh Produce Brands; the methods and […]
- Counter Offer: Take it or leave it? Offer it or...by hendbrown on July 2, 2019 at 3:28 pm
A counter-offer is an interesting conundrum; they usually occur as soon as the resignation process starts. They are tricky to handle and work through and in instances, we have even seen counter-offer’s occur after a candidate has left and started with a new employer. It is important for an […]
- Henderson Brown Golf Day 2019by hendbrown on June 24, 2019 at 11:30 am
The weather was kind to us on Friday 21st June 2019 for our annual golf day held at The Luffenham Heath Golf Club. With the weather being more autumnal over the last few weeks, there was definitely some worry in the run-up that we may have to postpone. Luck was on our side however and... The post […]
- DATA AWARENESS – how storing business data in...by hendbrown on April 5, 2019 at 12:56 pm
Cutting costs and improving overall efficiencies are some of the biggest priorities for the Operations and Supply Chain professionals we at Henderson Brown work with. New technological advances have transformed the way that food manufacturing businesses operate either reducing costs or simply […]
- EVENT ROUND UP: Cheltenham Gold Cup Day, Friday...by hendbrown on March 19, 2019 at 10:41 am
Henderson Brown’s inaugural “Cheltenham Gold Cup” day was held on Friday 15th March at the Great Northern Hotel in the centre of Peterborough. The live races from Cheltenham were projected to the guests on a big screen, with a licensed bookmaker to take bets and industry expert to […]
- Your Food Job’s 60-second interview with Jason...by hendbrown on March 6, 2019 at 12:56 pm
HB Recruitment Director, Jason Kilbride, was asked by Your Food Job to carry out a 60-second interview to get to know him a little better. How long have you worked in food recruitment? I have worked in the sector for 6 ½ years. What do you love most about working in food […]
- NO DEAL BREXIT – a big risk worth taking, or a...by hendbrown on February 27, 2019 at 12:57 pm
Brexit: a conundrum of magnitude. Will it happen? Won’t it happen and if it happens, will it go through with or without a deal? With uncertainty looming most ominously, we can only speculate just what the impacts will be. It is suggested that the UK is only 60% self-sufficient when it comes […]
- Engineering, Automation, and the Food Industryby hendbrown on October 25, 2018 at 2:29 pm
The engineering sector is changing at a rapid rate. In their annual State of Engineering report, EngineeringUK outlined some of the key figures, frontiers and challenges that the industry is dealing with. As technology, automation, and an increased demand for skills drive the sector forward, a […]