Job Title: Quality and Hygiene Technologist
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Our client is a leading food business who supply to a variety of the major retailers. As they continue to expand and grow their presence in the marketplace they are now seeking a driven and ambitious Quality and Hygiene Technologist in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Reporting into the Quality and Hygiene Manager, this role is an excellent opportunity for a Food or Fresh Produce professional looking for their role upwards to join a well-respected food manufacturing company that supplies premium products to a number of retailers.
In this Quality and Hygiene Technologist position you will be responsible for:
* Ensure a consistent approach to factory and product assessment across all shifts, providing timely KPI reporting to internal and external stakeholders as required.
* Develop the Quality Culture within the site Technical team.
* Ensure the implementation of all relevant customer, third party and VSF codes of practice throughout the site.
* Deputise for the Quality & Hygiene Manager in their absence – able to provide a continuous interface with customers when required.
* Support the site GMP auditing process – ensuring consistency across shifts and leading improvement plans to create robust corrective action plans.
* Ensure customer complaints are investigated and reported fully.
* Owns the site hygiene schedule, identifying and implementing improvements to the scheduling, equipment and processes to continually improve site standards through internal or external resource.
* Factory point of contact for pest control during all visits or call outs.
* Works alongside Factory / Engineering / Hygiene Teams to ensure all pest control actions are closed out within acceptable timescale.
* Member of the site HACCP team where required.
* Offer support regarding factory flow, food safety incidents and introduction of new equipment.
* Act as point of contact for Trading Standards and EHO. Develop strong relationships becoming a trusted site contact.
* Provide KPI updates as required.
The ideal candidate will:
* Degree qualified in a scientific or technical discipline
* Minimum three years in a relevant food industry environment
* Hygiene experience within a food or food manufacturing environment
* HACCP/COSSH/Audit trained
* Experience in a customer facing role
In return you will be given a generous salary and package and the opportunity to develop your career within a profitable and growing food manufacturing business.
If you believe you have the skills and personality to fit these requirements please either apply via this advert or call Henderson Brown on 01733 235 111 for more information.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our horticulture, fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.