HendersonBrown Job ref: HB4375
Salary range: 50000
International Sales Manager
Our client is an FMCG success story with an enviable portfolio of brands which are sold widely across the UK and worldwide. They are category leaders in some of the markets they operate in, they are successful, profitable and growing.
Due to this continued growth they are now looking to recruit an International Sales Manager as they believe they can exploit these international markets further. They believe there is considerable opportunity for this growth and so they are looking for an established export sales professional to take hold of the existing business and really develop these export markets.
* Devise sophisticated, informed and realistic strategic plans for international market penetration and delivery of the international sales targets;
* Drive the implementation of the strategic plan, personally delivering against KPI’s and develop all business opportunities ensuring business plans are achieved;
* Identify and execute opportunities to fill sales shortfalls/increase sales performance;
* Utilise all relevant and available data including trend analysis, market monitoring, and result tracking to accurately forecast sales and shifts in the marketplace, and adjust sales plans accordingly;
* Proactively seek new major business customers, forging strong working relationships and networks with key players in the target markets, and proposing compelling joint business plans;
* Create and conduct customer proposal presentations;
* Attend major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expositions to represent the brands, identify potential opportunities and customers;
* Work in close collaboration with colleagues in Commercial Planning to produce competitive business proposals whilst maximising margins;
* Develop international marketing strategies and plans, in collaboration with Marketing colleagues, to support the business development activity;
* Keep up to date and well informed regarding international variances in cultural and legal issues relating to sales, informing product development, strategy and plans;
* Provide timely reports, updates and feedback regarding international sales performance and plans;
You will already be a commercial manager within an exporting branded FMCG business. This role will appeal however as the branded portfolio of products is already successful and growing, yet there is opportunity for further growth.
We do need a self-starter, who knows the food export markets, where to go and the pitfalls associated with each market as has experienced them before. You will be identifying the opportunities, drawing up and assessing the value chain, developing the plans for distribution as well as creating and delivering a sales and marketing plan.
The package is flexible according to experience but is likely to be circa £50k+ benefits.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Martin Brown, at email@example.com indicating your current salary details and notice period.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.