HendersonBrown Job ref: HB4743
Salary range: £80000
Head of Technical – South of England
Salary – to attract the best
Our client is an emerging force in Fresh Produce and one of the most dynamic and forward-thinking businesses in its sector. Due to continued expansion, they are now looking to appoint a Head of Technical to help move the business on to the next level. Reporting in to the MD the role will be to actively manage both the growing operation, trials and NPD from a technical perspective but to deal with the retailers and set out a strategy in line with them to grow the business further.
* The individual will be part of the senior leadership team and will play a pivotal role in shaping and driving the strategic direction of the business.
* The individual will be the lead in developing the variety & breeding plans, environmental & sustainability plans and manage relationships with retail customers
* The individual will play a lead role in cross departmental co-operation, in particular farming, health & safety and commercial.
* The individual will lead all technical elements of the businesses core focus of exceptional production of fresh produce.
* Previously operated in a senior technical role within fresh produce with experience in varietal development / environmental & sustainability / retail customer management
* A proven record of delivering NPD, sustainability, continuous improvement, innovation success
* A proven track record of being able to influence a business at senior level.
* Previous experience of having managed multiple projects and of having managed / developed strong team performance to meet business goals
If you are interested in the above role please send your CV and covering letter, stating your current remuneration and notice period to email@example.com