HendersonBrown Job ref: HB3250
Salary range: £40,000
Job Title: Technologist
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Our client is a highly regarded supplier to the UK retailers. They are looking to strengthen their Technical team with a Technologist to work with the relevant account managers and suppliers in the delivery of outstanding technical and quality performance against all customer product and process expectations and to ensure that this is exploited as a competitive point of difference for the business.
* Manage relationships between suppliers and account managers.
* Co-ordinate and manage investigations into quality issues and produce summary reports for the customer and the business as necessary.
* Identify and exploit opportunities to improve quality performance or business efficiency and communicate strategies to customers where appropriate and get support from them where required.
* Maintain, analyse, report and present (both internally and to the customer), performance against all the customers KPI’s.
* Manage customer specifications for the business together with any related IT-based systems and ensure that up to date specifications are available at each production site.
* Ensure that packaging and labelling standards meet customer requirements and work with the NPD/Commercial/Packaging Teams in the development of new product formats.
* Support the NPD/Commercial/Product Teams on NPD and innovation projects and ensure that these are actively promoted to the customer technical teams to maximise the chances of success.
* Complete GMP and supplier audits.
* Experience of working in the fresh produce sector, ideally in a technical role.
* Basic experience of production and quality management systems.
* Up-to-date knowledge of customer-supplier relationships.
* Excellent personal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
* Well-developed communication skills (you will be expected to give internal and external presentations and directly contribute to management and other meetings).
* Strong analytical skills.
* Previous experience of working with retailers.
If you believe you have the skills and personality to fit these requirements please either apply via this advert or call Henderson Brown on 01733 235 111 for more information.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our horticulture, fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services