HendersonBrown Job ref: HB4801
Salary range: £32-38K
Our client is a very successful and profitable horticulture business, based in the East Midlands it started micro propagation of an extremely niche horticultural product and since 2015 it has successfully developed this product for sale across the UK and mainland Europe. Through an extensive Research and Development programme, it has developed the technology to grow lab micro propagated plants and is now starting to scale up production to meet demand.
The company has recently built a purpose-built laboratory which is supported by extensive glasshouse and field growing capacity and is the only company in the world to have developed an in-vitro production system for propagating at the scale needed for commercial farming.
We are now seeking a Trials Manager to lead the growing of these products on an agricultural scale. We need a practical person with a scientific or technical background to manage the execution of an innovative new agricultural scheme. The Trials Manager will be responsible for running the day-to-day planning, logistics and execution of 3-year farming trials.
As part of the Innovations, Research & Development team you will report to the
Project Manager. In summary, the role will include:
* Supervising set-up of growing sites
* Liaising with other project partners on the various farms and at universities
* Maintenance of the growing environment
* Collection and analysis of data
* Quality of plants grown in farming operation
* Day-to-day management of multi-site project
* Regular reporting and communication of project progress and results
* Planning and logistics of trials
* Regular monitoring of trial progress – physical and scientific results
* Collection, analysis and presentation of qualitative and quantitative data
* Management of glasshouse experiments/trials – monitoring, data collection
The person we are looking for
Ideally we are looking for someone with 5 years of agricultural/horticultural experience with a science or agronomy qualification. You will have experience of growing field grown crops or plants, experience of managing projects and budgets. This is a leadership role and you will be working as part of a team.
So it is a full on growing management role in a fascinating and challenging product area, you really will be leading an industry first project.
Candidates who feel they meet the criteria should email their CV (including details of current remuneration) to: Martin Brown at Henderson Brown Recruitment email@example.com