HendersonBrown Job ref: HB-4608
Salary range: £25,000-£28,000
Role: Product Manager
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000
Our client is a market leader within the fresh produce industry. Due to continued expansion within their operation, they are looking for a Product Manager with Fresh Produce experience to strengthen their team and ensure clear channels of communication between the Customers and Technical department.
Reporting into the Technical Manager this role will be responsible for ensuring clear understanding of the specific product type within the business, educating team members on specific product related issues and concerns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Understand and support the sales, procurement, quality and technical teams with operational matters at the designated site including stock management, availability, and samples and benchmarking.
* To make sound commercial and quality decisions on matters relating to product quality, product allocation and providing accurate product information
* Ensure the site undertakes its contracted quality procedures, review processes and procedures
* Support the Technical Managers ensuring the site undertakes its contractual quality procedures and report quality performance (quality service/rejections), ensuring Corrective Actions are completed and recorded.
* Create value by managing product quality to meet customer specification and by providing a logical voice of reason at difficult times when product is border line. Manage a workable non-compliance procedure
* Working with commercial and marketing teams to ensure a sustainable, long term product pipeline.
* Identify possibilities to maximise product usage dependent on current market situation.
* Update procurement during the week when new information is gathered that affects short-term product quality and availability.
* Demonstrable experience of working within a Product, Technical or Quality capacity within fruit or fresh produce
* Experience working within a Food Manufacturing or Fresh Produce environment.
* Academic background within the Fresh Produce, Fruit or Agronomy sector.
* HACCP trained ideally to level 3 minimum.
* Strong communication skills
* Full UK Driving License
This is a great job in a fast-moving business for a talented and ambitious technical professional.
If you are interested in this role please either apply via this advert or call Henderson Brown on 01733 235 111
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.