HendersonBrown Job ref: HB4972
Salary range: £45,000-£50,000pa
Job Title: Planning Manager
An exciting position has become available at a leading food business that supplies ambient food products to a variety of markets. Our client is looking for a dynamic and experienced Planning Manager to join their team at their main packing facility. Tasked with planning a smooth operation and achieving their customer service levels you will manage the planning team overseeing production planning, stock holding levels and raw material ordering.
The business works at pace and imports a variety of products internationally and exports finished good internationally too, therefore, shelf life and lead time challenges are a key component in the planning mix.
* Responsible for production planning across the site, inclusive of material scheduling.
* Ordering of materials to customer orders/forecast from suppliers
* Ensure customer service levels are adhered to at the high level expected of the business.
* Challenged with delivering on business SLA’s and other key performance indicators.
* Maintain and deliver to budget within packaging material, finished goods and raw material.
* Communication and key business link between, customer teams and production.
* Highlight stock at risk on a daily, weekly & monthly basis communicating output
* Monitoring stock material and packaging stock at risk, sourcing potential solutions to minimise stock write off in line with budgeted targets
* Instigating regular reviews with customers and key material suppliers
* Manage and motivate planning team
* Improve and advance planning processes through the whole supply chain
* Develop the ERP system (Navision) and integrate further into business processes
* Experience working within a Production Planning and / or materials scheduling department delivering high levels of customer service within FMCG, desirably food manufacturing.
* Experience of managing a team
* Exposure to regular communication with key customers and internal teams
* Experience with ERP systems- Navision experience highly desirable
* Advanced Excel skills
* Strong communicator
* Sound problem solving skills
* Calm and measured when under pressure
* Passion for improving processes
* Comfortable being hands on as well as leading
This really is a great role and opportunity, with also some flexible working offered.
If you believe you have the skills and personality to fit these requirements please get in touch with Jason Kilbride Jason@hendbrown.com or call 07985454318 for more information.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our horticulture, fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.