HendersonBrown Job ref: HB4196
Salary range: To attract the best
Head of International Sales
Our client is an FMCG success story with an enviable portfolio of brands which are sold widely across the UK and worldwide. They are category leaders in some of the sub-markets they operate in, they are successful, profitable and growing.
Due to this continued growth they are now looking to recruit an International Head of Sales as they believe they can exploit these international markets further. They believe there is considerable opportunity for this growth and so they are looking for an established export sales professional to take hold of export business division and really develop these export markets.
* Devise sophisticated, informed and realistic strategic plans for international market penetration and delivery of the international sales targets;
* Drive the implementation of the strategic plan, personally delivering against KPI’s and managing agents, distributors and wholesalers to ensure joint business plans are achieved;
* Identify and execute opportunities to fill sales shortfalls/increase sales performance;
* Utilise all relevant and available data including trend analysis, market monitoring, and result tracking to accurately forecast sales and shifts in the marketplace, and adjust strategic plans accordingly;
* Lead, develop and performance manage the International Sales Team, ensuring they have the competence, confidence, direction and skills to deliver against the business plan and personal KPI’s;
* Monitor the performance of the sales team, ensuring they meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes, providing coaching and direction as required;
* Proactively seek new major business customers, forging strong working relationships and networks with key players in the target markets, and proposing compelling joint business plans;
* Create and conduct distribution partner and customer proposal presentations;
* Attend major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expositions to represent the brands, identify potential opportunities and trade partners;
* Work in close collaboration with colleagues in Commercial Planning to produce competitive business proposals whilst maximising margins;
* Develop international marketing strategies and plans, in collaboration with Marketing colleagues, to support the business development activity;
* Keep up to date and well informed regarding international variances in cultural and legal issues relating to sales, informing product development, strategy and plans;
* Provide timely reports, updates and feedback regarding international sales performance and plans;
* Oversee departmental expenditure ensuring it remains within budget and represents value for money;
* Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team;
You will already be a senior commercial manager within an exporting branded FMCG business. This role will appeal however as the branded portfolio of products is already successful and growing, yet there is opportunity for further growth.
We do need a self-starter, who knows the food export markets, where to go and the pitfalls associated with each market as has experienced them before. You will be leading the team in being able to identify the opportunities, draw up and assess the value chain, develop the plans for distribution as well as create and deliver a sales and marketing strategy.
The package is flexible according to experience but is likely to be circa £80k+ benefits.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Martin Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your current salary details and notice period.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.