HendersonBrown Job ref: HB-4730
Salary range: 38,000 - 44,000
Our client is a leading horticulture supplier to the major multiples and they are looking to strengthen their team by appointing a Group Financial Accountant.
As a key member of the Finance Team and reporting to the Finance Director the successful applicant will take ownership and responsibility for the preparation, accuracy and understandability of the management accounts in accordance with the periodic group reporting timetable. This will cover both individual subsidiaries and the overall group consolidated management accounts.
They will produce accurate financial statements and reports for both internal management and other group members. Whilst working closely with other members of the Finance team they will build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and will provide strong financial support for the rest of the management team. This is a role that would suit someone that is confident to work alone and with a strong desire to further their career.
* Recognised professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent)
* Strong and up to date technical accounting knowledge, including IFRS and UK GAAP
* Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review
* Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed
* Experience of Finance IT applications (e.g. Sage 200, Sage, Twinfield)
* Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc
* Advanced Excel skills including, pivots, macros & Power Bi would be advantageous
* Ability to work with minimum supervision & prioritise effectively under pressure
* Ability to engage effectively with all stakeholders.
* A demonstrable team player with an ability to help motivate those working with them.
* Ability to influence and negotiate to ensure key decisions, deadlines and targets are met.
Self-motivated, a hands-on style, and some experience in fresh produce or similar industry is an advantage.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter indicating your current salary details and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.hendbrown.com