HendersonBrown Job ref: HB4014
Salary range: £80,000-£85,000
Job Title: General Manager
Salary: £80,000-£85,000 per annum
Job Reference: HB4014
If you thrive on operational challenges and have aspirations to be part of a business that delivers world class standards within the food sector then look no further than this exciting opportunity. Our client supplies a variety of the major retailers and is well known for its products and service. They are looking for an experienced professional who has a clear track record of success in leading the operation team to deliver a high standard of performance meeting all demands and in a cost efficient manner. You will have a continuous improvement mentality and always strive to improve processes, systems and culture.
* Direct management responsibility for Operations to company standards, operational P&L and achievement of specific operational KPI’s (service, cost productivity, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, sourcing, quality, environment, health and safety, inventory, warehousing and distribution).
* Provides direct management of the site team on all aspects related to the manufacturing and controlling of production to fulfil customers’ needs in the most efficient and profitable way.
* Directs and develops the team, operating procedures and standard work to ensure customer service performance measured through quality, cost and delivery is continuously improved.
* Co-ordinates activities of the team to optimise cost performance of the site, optimising operating working capital usage and minimising waste.
* Provides design for manufacturing input at early stages in the New Product Development process. Co-ordinates with New Product Development Team to implement new and revised designs through developing effective processes to optimise cost and quality.
* Drives the implementations of 5S, Lean Manufacturing, VAVE and Six Sigma methodology in site, strive for world class manufacturing standards, visual management and pull.
* Drives quality improvement in product and management systems.
* Develops with HR an environment conducive to personal learning and development ensuring all team members are fully informed and equipped to deliver maximum performance.
* Provides succession for key roles and strives for continuous performance improvement.
* Ensures that all plant processes and activities are managed in a manner which maximises team member safety and complies with all relevant environmental and Health & Safety Legislation.
Experience and attributes:
* A solid background within the food manufacturing industry at a senior operations level
* Must demonstrate financial acumen, strategic ability, strong business acumen, and strong change mentality
* Demonstrate excellent organisation and planning skills – have implemented good systems and processes, influencing behavioural change.
* Leadership capabilities.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skillset.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
If you believe you have the skills and personality to fit these requirements please get in touch with Will Malcolm at email@example.com or call 01733235111 for more information.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.
By applying to this advertised job, you consent for Henderson Brown Recruitment Ltd to hold your