HendersonBrown Job ref: HB4605
Salary range: Circa £40-£60k
General Growing Manager, East Midlands
Our client is a very successful and profitable family business. Based in the East Midlands it initially supplied a range of plug plants to wholesale nurseries. Since 2008 however it started micro propagation of an extremely niche horticultural product and since 2015 it has successfully developed this product for sale across the UK and mainland Europe. Through an extensive Research and Development programme, it has developed the technology to grow lab micro propagated plants and is now starting to scale up production to meet demand.
The company has recently built a purpose-built laboratory which is supported by extensive glasshouse and field growing capacity and is the only company in the world to have developed an in-vitro production system for propagating at the scale needed for commercial farming.
We are now seeking a General Growing Manager to deliver the next phase of the strategy for them in the form of developing the existing production unit whilst outsourcing production to 3rd party units enabling the company to grow and develop. This really is one of the most exciting roles we have recruited for and it will be an extremely demanding and yet rewarding role.
Reporting to the Managing Director specific responsibilities include:
* Operational leadership of the business and the establishment of an effective manufacturing and production process that enables the company to deliver growth by at least a factor of 10 within the near future.
* Full P+L responsibility for the growing and outsourcing operations.
* Managing the growing team to ensure optimal growth conditions are maintained throughout the growing season using the available resources to deliver yields at the highest level and quality. To develop he staff team, production processes.
* Developing and building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
* Providing leadership and direction for all Management and Employees.
The successful candidate will have significant horticultural growing experience with either and ornamental or edible horticulture company and will possess the knowledge, gravitas and interpersonal skills to forge strong relationships both externally and internally. Operationally savvy, he/she will have a proven technical skill set within an agri-business and have experience of managing glasshouse production. Candidates should ideally be of graduate calibre with relevant horticultural qualifications.
The package is competitive and reflective of experience.
Candidates who feel they meet the criteria should email their CV (including details of current remuneration) to: Martin Brown at Henderson Brown Recruitment email@example.com