HendersonBrown Job ref: HB4732
Salary range: £25,000 - £30,000
Job Title – Food Technologist
Reference – HB4732
Location – Devon
Salary – £25,000 – £30,000
Our client is a stable and growing food manufacturing businesses that supplies premium products to the retail sector. Due to continued expansion they are looking for a Food Technologist to strengthen their team.
Reporting into the Technical Manager this role is an ideal chance for an ambitious Specifications Technologist to develop their career and make their mark in this company that prides itself on high levels of quality and service. The role will initially act as the main point of customer contact on daily technical issues but can easily grow into a wider role for the right candidate.
* Acting as first point of contact for customers regarding technical and quality issues
* Management of the Quality Management System
* Produce weekly complaints reports
* Artwork, packaging and label checks
* Update and maintain internal and supplier specifications.
* Ensure retailer specifications are accurate and up to date.
* Customer compliant investigations and management
* Provide trend data on key KPI’s across technical key measures
* Daily tracking of HACCP, GMP and other Quality/Technical related KPIs
* Supporting the Quality and Production teams on Technical related issues
* Previous Quality and Technical experience within the Food or Fresh Produce Industry
* Food Safety and HACCP qualified ideally to level 2 minimum
* Previous experience of retailer specifications systems and product approval
* A keen eye for details and an organised and detailed approach to work
* Strong communication and diplomacy skills
* The ability to work to a tight deadline, manage and prioritise a busy workload
* Self-motivated, ambitious and eager to learn
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic and supportive working environment where career and personal development opportunities are available to those willing to put the effort in.
If you believe you have the skills and personality to fit these requirements please apply via this website or call 01733 235111 for more information.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our horticulture, fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.