Our client has rapidly become one the success stories within their area of branded fresh food. They have a truly unique proposition and they have clearly taken market share from their competitors with fantastic quality products and a unique proposition. Due this this growth they now need a fiancé professional to join them to help manage the future growth.
This is a new role, as for many businesses which are starting up they have recognised that they need professional financial help – the systems and procedure they have are working today, but as the business grows they need someone who can help them grow further, so they are now looking to strengthen their team by appointing a Finance Manager to manage the financial and management accounting functions for the business.
Reporting in to the Managing Director, you will be fully responsible for managing the day to day accounts function across the business, managing a small direct reporting team. In addition you will be required to support the board in future growth plans.
The role will include:
* Ensuring that the monthly and weekly accounts accurately reflect the underlying performance of the business and are completed within the timetables as set. Actively drive improvements in reporting in both accuracy and timeliness.
* Ensuring monthly accounts show minimal variations to the weekly accounts and, where those exist, they are clearly identified and communicated to the Managing Director.
* Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities. Manage the company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
* Proactively supporting the business teams by providing weekly and monthly management accounting information that is both timely and relevant. Ensuring those teams clearly understand the information.
* Preparation of budgets and forecasts. Research and report on factors influencing business performance. Develop financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk.
* Responsible for the training and development of individuals within the area to ensure that individuals have the necessary skills to achieve their role accountabilities identifying those worthy of progression and mentoring them accordingly.
Ideally you will be a Qualified Accountant with at least 4-5 years post qualification experience ideally in a fresh food, distribution or fast paced manufacturing environment with experience of dealing with multiple customers.
The package includes a generous basic and performance driven bonus, and other benefits.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current salary details and notice period.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.