FARM OPERATIONS MANAGER
Our client is a market leading privately owned Fresh Produce and Farming business supplying quality fresh produce to major retailers and wholesalers throughout the UK. They are focussed on producing a wide range of quality vegetables on a seasonal basis and due to further expansion, they are looking for an energetic and highly focused, forward thinking Farm Manager to take on this challenge, reporting directly to the Farms Director.
Day to day management of growing and harvest operations for:
* Production of over 10,000 acres of production
* Managing and understand the farm’s performance and accounts
* Advanced management of health and safety procedures.
* Continual innovation and development of precision farming.
* Introduce more technology used to improve efficiencies and lower production costs.
* Managing, developing and motivating the team
* Directing and co-ordinate worker activities
* Walking the crops to make decisions on their management
* Involvement with the development of your crop such as selecting varieties etc.
* Ensuring proactive and preventative maintenance is carried out for all machinery, meeting both legislative and policy standards.
You will require:
* Minimum of 3 yrs. experience in farm management.
* Ability to demonstrate good farming practices
* The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong leadership and people manager with experience of complex multi-crop farming
* High standards of crop husbandry
* Good administration and effective use of IT will be key to the success of this role
* Strong financial understanding.
* Proven track record of improving operational productivity and introducing LEAN techniques.
* A clear communicator with the ability to motivate a team
* BASIS and FACTS qualifications preferable.
* Degree in agriculture preferable
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.